This site is owned and operated by the Smartum Company. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Smartum, we want to make your online experience satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• UX personalization: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• Website improvement: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• Customer service enhancement: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
We gather two types of information about users:
• Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, and from participation in polls and surveys.
• Information Smartum gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our marketing specialists better understand the demographics of our audience.
Smartum Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
• Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Smartum gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
Smartum may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We never share any of this information with any third party.
Smartum tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users, as well as we do not break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Smartum uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and understand our audience’s demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Smartum operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
• Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
• Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviate the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.